Working from home can provide some great career benefits. You have flexibility, a great working environment and no travel expenses – but these positions are difficult to find and there are a few things you should keep in mind when you are looking for work at home jobs.
Once you’ve established that working from home is for you then you should start your job search. But there are some things to look out for as there can be some illegitimate companies advertising.
Applying for work from home jobs can be tough because often you won’t get to meet the employer face to face. It’s really crucial that you do your research before applying for these jobs – here are a few tips to help with your job search:
- Place your CV template on well-known and reliable sites.
- Look out for potential payment scams. If a company asks for your card details before you start work – be very wary of this and ensure you do the necessary background checks.
- Find out about the company – either through networking or searching online. Look at forums and review sites.
- Ask lots of questions. How do they manage you if they are not in an office with you? How often do you have to check in? What are the progression opportunities? What are their expectations?
- Look out for ads on free websites. If a company is advertising on free sites and not spending any resources on advertising, you should be asking why.
- If you know someone in the industry ask them for their opinion on the company.