When writing a CV it is vital that you include references. This can really support your application and help you to win a job interview. Here’s how a reference can enhance your CV writing.
- A reference on your CV can support your job application. By including a work reference you add strength to your CV because your reference should be able to testify to any work you have previously done. If your reference has seen examples of your work or worked with you on previous projects, this can be a great help when explaining your skills to the prospective employer. Consider adding your references and any quotes onto your career portfolio to back up any of your work.
- Including a reference shows you are dedicated and trustworthy – otherwise you wouldn’t include one!
- Employers like to speak to references because it can reassure them that the candidate is not fabricating any of their qualifications or experience.
- Using a reference can help to show your reliability – consider adding both a professional and personal reference as this will give the employer an all round view of you as an employee.
- Good contacts can provide good networking. Perhaps your reference knows the prospective employer? If this is the case it increases your chances of securing the job.
If you’d like help creating a new professionally templated CV how about using our online CV building service? It takes you through creating a curriculum vitae step-by-step and you can choose from a wide range of eye-catching graphic designs. What are you waiting for? Get started today!