A Level results are due out today for thousands of students in the UK. And sitting exams and waiting for results can be terribly daunting. Studying can take years and could land you your dream course at uni or your dream job. So if you’ve just received your results, it’s time to start putting them to use and start looking towards the future.
Here are some tips on what to do after you receive your results;
• Complete a CV template and list your exam results and qualifications – get organised!
• Spend time researching your chosen career path – do you want to do an apprenticeship? Do you want to go to University? Do you want to work full time?
• Network with local employers – this could help you to arrange work experience. This can be beneficial if you are planning to go to university or if you are looking to start a career.
• Decide whether you want to take a ‘year out’. This is popular for many students as it can give you time to think about your career path.
• If you have considered volunteering or working for charity and you’re not ready to go to uni or start work, now could be the perfect time.
And finally, celebrate!!!