The Olympics 2012 are set to hit London next month. And as one of the biggest sporting events in the world comes to the UK, you’ll no doubt find yourself wanting to sprint out of work and watch some of the action. But you also need to balance this desire with staying motivated in the workplace to ensure career progression. Here are a few tips to help you stay at the peak of your game.
• Remain dedicated and passionate in the workplace to ensure you stand out from other employees
• Avoid taking sick days as this could be very obvious
• Put in extra hours before the events to give yourself every chance of leaving early during the games
• Does your company operate a flexible working pattern? If so ask whether you can take advantage of this during the Olympics
• Some companies offer incentives so try and ensure you remain on target and achieve your goals
• Book holiday in advance
• Organise work socials – perhaps arrange with staff members to watch the games during lunch breaks to ensure you don’t miss any of the action