No matter what job you apply for, you always need to have a positive and approachable attitude. You have probably heard of the old saying – people buy people. And in a lot of cases this is true. You may have the best experience possible, but if you don’t build a good rapport with your interviewer and have a bad attitude, you are less likely to be offered the job role.
Having the right attitude is vital to succeed at interview. Demonstrating that you are outgoing, approachable, friendly and a good listener will add weight to your professional CV and your application as a whole. Sometimes you may end up applying for a job that you don’t necessarily want to do. If this does happen, you need to think about the long term. Perhaps this isn’t the best career for you but think about the positives the job could bring. As well as giving you experience, it could lead to other opportunities in the business. It is crucial to stay positive in these situations as the employer may end up being a reference for you.
What to demonstrate:
- Ability to do the job.
- Willingness to learn.
- Understanding of what the employer is looking for.
How do you do this?
- Always think positively – if you think negatively you are unlikely to receive a job offer.
- See the job role as a way of adding content to your professional CV and career portfolio.
- See the opportunity as a way of improving on your skill set.
- Think about the future. Stay positive in the job role and it could lead to promotions or recognition.
- It’s all about experience. What you learn in this job role may help you in future projects.